RE: info+.el Lisp error

From: Drew Adams
Subject: RE: info+.el Lisp error
Date: Thu, 6 Mar 2008 07:01:43 -0800

> Hi all (and Drew in particular),
>
> I'm using since a long time `info+.el' which is great when
> reading help manuals, as it fontifies much more than the default
> (and maybe does other things I'm not yet aware of).
>
> However, since some time (maybe since the last update [¹] - not
> sure), the function `Info-index' (hitting the key `i') does not
> work anymore and returns me the following:
>
> Debugger entered--Lisp error: (void-function Info-clone-buffer-hook)
>
> Anyone can help?
>
> Best regards,
>   Seb
>
> [¹] I'm using version: 21.1
>     Last-Updated: Sun Jan 06 18:26:21 2008 (-28800 Pacific
> Standard Time)
>               By: dradams
>         Update #: 3146

Hi Sebastien,

Should be OK now; please try the latest version.

What version of Emacs are you using? I suspect you're using a development
version (CVS). They changed Info-clone-buffer-hook to Info-clone-buffer
recently for Emacs 22.1.90. I forgot to upload the fix.

It's hard to keep up and keep it working for all Emacs versions. I usually
fix things such as that after a new release is out, but let me know if other
things break in the development version.

Thx - Drew