Re: Emacsw32 fullscreen

From: Lennart Borgman (gmail)
Subject: Re: Emacsw32 fullscreen
Date: Fri, 14 Mar 2008 13:38:55 +0100

Eli Zaretskii wrote:
From: Evans Winner <thorne@timbral.net>
Date: Thu, 13 Mar 2008 15:57:45 -0600

Eli Zaretskii <eliz@gnu.org> writes:

    >> Is there a way to send a keystroke to the underlying
    >> OS or window manager from Emacs?  I am trying to get
    >> a true fullscreen (no titlebar) in Emacsw32.  f11
    >> seems to be getting trapped by Emacs (and conkeror
    >> too, by the way).
"C-h f w32-send-sys-command" will tell you this: [...] Is this what you are looking for?

Well, that does maximize the frame, but it does not remove
the title bar, as happens in Linux.

I understood that you want to remove the title bar, I just thought
that calling w32-send-sys-command with some value other than those
advertised in the doc string would accomplish what you want.

I am not quite sure, but I do not think it could be done that way. There are some SC_* keys you can send, like SC_MAXIMIZE. None of these seem to remove the title bar.

It looks like some C-level code is needed, see

  http://www.martyn.se/code/emacs/darkroom-mode/w32toggletitle.py

But why did not Martin record the names of the constant there ...?