Building on the Hurd

From: Evans Winner
Subject: Building on the Hurd
Date: Fri, 9 May 2008 10:01:22 -0700 (PDT)

Does anybody here know anything about building Emacs on the GNU/Hurd/
Mach platform?  I am trying to get a Debian Hurd system up and
running, which, I am aware, is experimental.  apt-get won't let me
install any flavor of Emacs because of dependency problems, so I tried
building from cvs and the compile failed with an error.  I tried
building the 22.1 release tarball and got the same error.  I posted a
note about it to emacs-pretest-bug, for whatever that might be worth.

Are there, possibly, libraries I need that I don't have, or maybe
options I need to pass to configure?  Configure runs without any
problems, so I'm not sure how to proceed.  I will post the last few
lines of make output in case anyone recongnizes something.

What is FFDLY, anyway?

Thanks for any leads.

=====================

gcc -c  -Demacs -DHAVE_CONFIG_H -DUSE_LUCID  -I. -I/home/thorne/src/
emacs-22.1/src  -g -O2 -Wno-pointer-sign  sysdep.c
sysdep.c: In function 'wait_for_termination':
sysdep.c:527: warning: 'sigsetmask' is deprecated (declared at /usr/
include/signal.h:184)
sysdep.c:530: warning: 'sigsetmask' is deprecated (declared at /usr/
include/signal.h:184)
sysdep.c: In function 'child_setup_tty':
sysdep.c:647: error: 'FFDLY' undeclared (first use in this function)
sysdep.c:647: error: (Each undeclared identifier is reported only once
sysdep.c:647: error: for each function it appears in.)
sysdep.c: In function 'request_sigio':
sysdep.c:1019: warning: 'sigblock' is deprecated (declared at /usr/
include/signal.h:181)
sysdep.c:1019: warning: 'sigsetmask' is deprecated (declared at /usr/
include/signal.h:184)
sysdep.c: In function 'unrequest_sigio':
sysdep.c:1033: warning: 'sigblock' is deprecated (declared at /usr/
include/signal.h:181)
make[2]: *** [sysdep.o] Error 1
make[2]: Leaving directory `/home/thorne/src/emacs-22.1/src'
make[1]: *** [bootstrap-build] Error 2
make[1]: Leaving directory `/home/thorne/src/emacs-22.1'
make: *** [bootstrap] Error 2