Re: How to go to next line on the screen instead of going to,, next li

From: Lorenzo Isella
Subject: Re: How to go to next line on the screen instead of going to,, next line in the text?
Date: Wed, 04 Jun 2008 01:34:56 +0200

>In fact, this message is quite clear: Emacs does not find the
>file `screen-lines(.el)', as requested by the `require' command.

>So, in order to get that chunk of code working, you need to
>download the package `screen-lines.el' and put that file into
>a directory that's in your load-path (same directory as your
>`.emacs' file would do, for example).

>Get the package from there:

>http://homepage1.nifty.com/bmonkey/emacs/elisp/screen-lines.el

>Best regards,
>Seb

Hello,
I think I did everything properly; I introduced the code chunk in my .emacs file and put the screen-lines.el package in /usr/share/emacs/site-lisp/ . I do not have any warnings, but emacs does not do what I'd like [when it folds a long line, if I use the arrow, I jump directly past the folded long line, I do not proceed screen line after screen line]. As to another suggestion the long lines mode, the problem for me is that is screws up emacs highlighting and the text may become difficult to read.
Where did I go wrong?
Cheers

Lorenzo