Re: disable split frame while viewing manual pages?

From: Rupert Swarbrick
Subject: Re: disable split frame while viewing manual pages?
Date: Wed, 18 Jun 2008 18:35:02 +0100

peter360 <peter360@fastmail.us> writes:

> Tried that but got "no match" in the minibuffer.  Should I just set
> it in my .emacs file?  What value should I set it to?  Thanks.

Try doing M-x man first (you don't have to get past the minibuffer
prompt). This will load up the lazy-loaded libraries and define
Man-notify-method for you.

Then you'll get completion (and a list of possible values) for M-x
customize-variable. (Because defcustom/defvar don't clobber existing
values, the setting from this will work in future, even though it gets
read at emacs load, before man load)

Rupert