Re: gud : Phase error in gdb-pre-prompt (got pre-emacs)

From: Markus Grunwald
Subject: Re: gud : Phase error in gdb-pre-prompt (got pre-emacs)
Date: 02 Jul 2008 14:18:08 GMT

Hello,

>> Yes, I was using stabs format. So I switched to dwarf-2 but the situation
>  > is worse because now gdb itself takes ages to load the binary :( Compared
>  > to this, the "initialising..." time seemed short. Seems that I'll have to
>  > continue with stabs and load the binary manually...
>
> OK.  That's not very satisfactory because the buffers won't have the name of
> the executable in the mode-line.

I can live with this.
But what I would like to have is this: When I start gdb now (M-x gdb), I
get the gdb command line with a suggestion of the file to debug (which is,
in my case, always wrong):

gdb --annotate=3 filename.cpp

 So I have to delete the "filename.cpp" and hit enter.

Is it possible to suppress this filename so that I can immediately hit
enter ? This would already help a lot...

cu
--
Markus