Why Is Emacs 21.4.1 sending SIGINT Signal

From: gtr289
Subject: Why Is Emacs 21.4.1 sending SIGINT Signal
Date: Wed, 23 Jul 2008 11:29:45 -0700 (PDT)

Hello All,

I'm a developer on a collection of C++ applications on Redhat Linux
that use semaphores and the "semop" function call. I've noticed that
I'm getting the 'interrupted function call' ( errno = 4 ) due to
receiving a signal while in the blocking 'semop' call.  In one of my
processes I've installed a signal trapping thread which uses
'sigwaitinfo' so I can find out who is the sender of the signal.

My signal catching thread printed out:

   SIG_CATCHER: waiting for signal..
   SIG_CATCHER: got signal 02 from pid 12614..

pid 12614 is my running emacs!

/nss/rtns> ps -ef | grep emacs | egrep -v grep

rtns  12614  1  0 Jul21 ?  00:01:01 emacs -fn 8x13bold

My emacs is parented by the init process because I start it from root
via the 'su' command. I launch my application from under my "Emacs
Shell" which is 'ksh'.

MY QUESTION IS WHY IS EMACS SENDING AN OCCASIONAL SIGINT TO MY
PROCESSES ?
AND, HOW CAN I STOP THIS FROM HAPPENING ?

I am not issuing a Ctrl-C from my emacs shell at any time.. Also, if I
start my application from a ssh shell running in a xterm window, I do
not get any stray signals. This started happening under Red Hat
Enterprise Linux Server release 5.2 (Tikanga) with emacs version
21.4.1.  Under Red Hat Enterprise Linux ES release 4 (Nahant Update 6)
with emacs 21.3.1, I did not have this problem.

I greatly appreciate any advice from you on this problem as I’ve been
searching the internet rigorously to find an explanation and
solution.

Thanks in advance
Joe