Re: Change tab-with in nxhtml-mode

From: Nikolaj Schumacher
Subject: Re: Change tab-with in nxhtml-mode
Date: Mon, 18 Aug 2008 11:37:43 +0200

Niels Geuts <nielsgeurtslists@gmail.com> wrote:

> When writing in nxhtml-mode, when I press <tab> the cursor moves 2 spaces to
> the right. I want this to be 4 spaces. How can I change this?

Please note that this is not called "tab-width".  `tab-width' is the
amount of spaces a tab character (\t) is displayed with.

> The standard Indent variable from the Indent customization group is
> already set to 4.

Note that `standard-indent' is the value used for `increase-left-margin'
et al.  Other modes usually don't inherit its value.  So you need to
look inside the package (and its dependencies) for the appropriate variables.

I don't know about nxhtml-mode, but nxml-mode uses `nxml-child-indent'.

regards,
Nikolaj Schumacher