Re: incremental search in all visible buffers

From: Xah
Subject: Re: incremental search in all visible buffers
Date: Sun, 14 Sep 2008 08:26:34 -0700 (PDT)

On Sep 13, 10:40 pm, tomer <tomer1le...@walla.co.il> wrote:
> is there any way to use incremental seach in all visible buffers.
> this is usefull when working on a buffer while viewing also another
> buffer, and I want to search(incremnatal search with highlight) on
> both buffers and view immediate result on the buffers.
> Thanks
> Tomer

you can go to dired, mark the buffers u want, then do a interactive
find/replace operation where the replace string is identical to the
find string.

Basically:

• M-x dired
• type “m” to mark.
• type “Q” to call dired-do-query-replace-regexp.
• give your find string and replace string.
• type “n” to not replace.

So, the above would function like interactive search.

For detail, see:

http://xahlee.org/emacs/find_replace_inter.html

not sure how to apply this to “visible” buffers... but it is not
difficult to write a elisp... whatever your “visible” buffer might
mean.

  Xah
∑ http://xahlee.org/