Re: Completion in Auctex

From: Phil Lord
Subject: Re: Completion in Auctex
Date: Mon, 22 Sep 2008 09:48:22 -0700 (PDT)

On Sep 22, 7:53 am, denebet <dene...@lechebet.bzh> wrote:
> Ross A. Laird wrote:
> > I don't know if this is what you are looking for, but in auctex you can
> > type M-/ (alt-forward slash) and it will complete words that are not
> > commands (e.g. words that exist previously in the document).
>
> Thanks.
>
> Yes, this is what I was looking for but didn't find it because a long time
> ago I set completion in programming modes  to [TAB] and forgot to  set it
> for text mode.
> In case it could be useful for people reading this group and who think that
> M-/  is not a very user friendly shortcut :

You might also want to try pabbrev.el; it's tab completion with
continual, as-you-type feedback. While some people find this a little
disturbing, I think it's great and very quick. In general, pabbrev.el
is so wonderful that I think the author should be given a Nobel
prize.

I leave M-/ bound to hippie expand, for when I want to complete
"deliberately", as it were.

Phil