Re: How to get rid of *GNU Emacs* buffer on start-up?

From: rustom
Subject: Re: How to get rid of *GNU Emacs* buffer on start-up?
Date: Wed, 1 Oct 2008 04:44:57 -0700 (PDT)

On Oct 1, 6:37 am, stan <smo...@exis.net> wrote:

> I'm interested in emacs, I'm not interested in evangelism.

> I would sleep just fine whether emacs was the most popular app on the
> planet or if I was the last user. I have many more important things in
> my life to worry about.

This is a perfectly consistent view for one who is all-in-one: emacs
developer+user+creator.

But not for us more ordinary user-folk. When emacs dies I will be one
of the non-users -- maybe with grumbles or sadness or whatever.  But
ultimately those emotions will be irrelevant then.

> Making available a special .emacs to accommodate new people might be an
> acceptable option.
An XL-mode? -- emaX for Learners or alternatively the initials of the
most lovable member of this forum (wink)