Re: Problem with eshell

From: Adolfo De Unanue
Subject: Re: Problem with eshell
Date: Tue, 7 Oct 2008 10:45:10 -0500

Lennart,

I followed your advice (i.e. I downloaded emacs to a new directory) and
now eshell works fine, but the font missing-problems is there:

If i do a copy-paste I see this:

Welcome to the Emacs shell

~/software/emacs $ ls
1            admin          etc         lwlib           nt
BUGS         autogen.sh     gc          m4              oldXMenu
COPYING      config.bat     info        mac             site-lisp
CVS          config.guess   install-sh  make-dist       src
ChangeLog    config.log     leim        man             test
INSTALL      config.status  lib-src     mkinstalldirs   update-subdirs
INSTALL.CVS  config.sub     lisp        move-if-change  vms
Makefile     configure      lispintro   msdos           vpath.sed
Makefile.in  configure.in   lispref     nextstep
README       doc            lock        notes
~/software/emacs $

But in the emacs window I just see some letters and the rest is in
squares. :(

Any *new* suggestions?

PS. In emacs, but in text mode (i.e. executing it inside a linuz
terminal) this doesn't happen, of course

Adolfo