Re: sunrise commander -- changing view

From: escherdragon
Subject: Re: sunrise commander -- changing view
Date: Tue, 11 Nov 2008 14:52:49 -0800 (PST)

rustom wrote:
(...)
> However I still get the "rwxrwxrwx" all over which is anyway largely
> meaningless on windows.
> And is uselessly consuming screen real estate
>
> How to shut that off??

Aaah, as you see, Windows is not very friendly out of the box. The ls
emulation shipped with emacs kind of works, but you won't get much
more than that. Fortunately there are several quite decent
implementations of ls (as well as other unix tools) available for
Windows:

 * GNU msls (http://utools.com/msls.asp)
 * CoreUtils (http://gnuwin32.sourceforge.net/packages/coreutils.htm)
 * Cygwin (http://www.cygwin.com/)

My first recommendation is to install one of these and modify the
variables ls-lisp-use-insert-directory-program and insert-directory-
program so emacs uses what you want, but if for some reason you still
want to stick with the emacs emulation then read this:
http://www.gnu.org/software/emacs/manual/html_node/emacs/ls-in-Lisp.html

Cheers,
--
José A. Romero L.