Re: Bind C-j to <enter>

From: Grant Rettke
Subject: Re: Bind C-j to <enter>
Date: Tue, 11 Nov 2008 14:57:36 -0800 (PST)

Hi Joe,

On Nov 11, 4:14 pm, Joe <joesmo...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hopefully a simple question, I want to bind C-j to do exactly the same
> thing as <enter> which does many different things depending on the
> context.  How would I do this?

I don't know. I am interested. I was just reading the user manual last
weekend.

Here is where I looked:

I ran "C-h c RET" to find that return is bound to the command called
'newline'.

I ran "C-h f newline" to read about the newline function.

I ran "C-h c C-j" to see what that does, 'eval-print-last-sexp', so it
would blow that away.

Based on that I would have guessed:

(global-set-key "\C-j" 'newline)

But that blows up.