Trouble recording a macro which sets the keyboard macro counter

From: Corey Foote
Subject: Trouble recording a macro which sets the keyboard macro counter
Date: Fri, 14 Nov 2008 15:12:31 -0500

I'm having difficulty recording a keyboard macro which resets the keyboard macro counter when first executed. When executed the macro I'm trying to write should set the keyboard macro counter to 1 (by calling C-x C-k C-c 1 RET) and invoke another macro which was defined earlier and bound to key sequence C-x C-k 1 with a universal-argument of 18 to repeat the macro 18 times. The macro which is bound to the key sequence will do some editing and insert the value of the keyboard macro counter. Unfortunately, although the counter is reset successfully when I record the macro, it does not get reset again when executed. Any idea what's going wrong?

Thanks!

See how Windows® connects the people, information, and fun that are part of your life Click here