Re: "emacs --daemon" does not load init file

From: Tassilo Horn
Subject: Re: "emacs --daemon" does not load init file
Date: Tue, 25 Nov 2008 20:45:05 +0100

"Chengqi(Lars) Song" <songcq@gmail.com> writes:

Hi!

> Yeah, when I run "emacs --daemon" in console it shows this error
> message:
>
>     error: Fontset `tty' does not exist
>
> But if run "emacs" there is no such message. Note that my emacs is
> emacs-gtk.
>
> The font setting script in my .emacs is:
>
>   ;; font setting
>   (set-default-font "Bitstream Vera Sans Mono-10")
>   (set-fontset-font (frame-parameter nil 'font)
>                     'chinese-gbk '("Microsfot Yahei-10" . "unicode-bmp"))
>
> Is there anything wrong?

As I've said in <87od03j3vf.fsf@thinkpad.tsdh.de> there's no initial
frame when starting emacs as daemon, so you cannot get frame parameters.
Maybe adding the code to `window-setup-hook' will work.  Or simply use
`M-x customize-face' for font settings.

Bye,
Tassilo
--
Richard Stallman doesn't need it, since he already read the internet.