wikipedia's (ascii) math notation? emacs easy-way to translate it?

From: David Combs
Subject: wikipedia's (ascii) math notation? emacs easy-way to translate it?
Date: 27 Nov 2008 20:34:39 -0500

I see this stuff in math articles in wikipedia -- uses some kind
of ascii math-notation.  What is it?

(What is math-ML?  Is that it?)

Anyway, sure looks not fun to enter it by hand -- is there an
emacs .el-file that makes it all simple?

Likewise, no fun trying to *read* the stuff.  Emacs have a way
to make it look pretty?

Heck, and a way to produce .ps or .pdf from it?

(Thus far Google has found me nothing on this subject,
at least not via emacs.)

Thanks!

David