Org mode gives error message

From: Laura Conrad
Subject: Org mode gives error message
Date: Thu, 08 Jan 2009 08:29:55 -0500

I've been using org mode on a TODO list.  I just name the file TODO,
and put a line:

TODO List  -*- mode: org; -*-

at the top.

This has been working for a couple of months, and today I went to the
buffer and didn't have the org menu.   I said "M-X org-mode" and it
said:

eval: Symbol's value as variable is void: calendar-mode-map

After saving the file, I killed the buffer and then found the file
again, and this time I got:

File mode specification error: (void-variable calendar-mode-map)

I don't think I've changed anything in my emacs installation:
 (GNU Emacs 22.2.1 (i486-pc-linux-gnu, X toolkit, Xaw3d scroll bars)
 of 2008-09-05 on vernadsky, modified by Ubuntu).

Is this something that happened because I screwed up something in the
TODO file?

--
Laura   (mailto:lconrad@laymusic.org http://www.laymusic.org/ )
(617) 661-8097  233 Broadway, Cambridge, MA 02139

Part of the joy of falling in love -- for the intelligent, the
watchers, the judicious -- is the delicious license to set something
above thinking clearly, the pleasure of being driven, taken over,
overwhelmed.

A. S. Byatt _Still Life_