Re: what is the easiest way to install a thesaurus feature in emacs?

From: Xah Lee
Subject: Re: what is the easiest way to install a thesaurus feature in emacs?
Date: Wed, 14 Jan 2009 11:38:18 -0800 (PST)

On Jan 14, 3:15 am, "avile...@gmail.com" <avile...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> How can I install a thesaurus in emacs? I am using Ubuntu 8.10 and
> I've googled a bit about mthesaur.el, synonyms.el et al, but haven't
> found any packaged options to do an apt-get install.

i use

index.html">dictionary↗</a> by <a href="http://www.myrkr.in-
berlin.de/">Torsten Hilbrich↗</a>

which is a interface to dict.org, which includes a similar words dict.

you can easily setup emacs so you can press a button to lookup current
word in any online references sites, including professional ones like
American Heritage Dict, Merriem Webster, Oxford, etc. You may set it
up to either switch you to browser, or show result inside emacs.

See also:

• Dictionary and Reference Lookup with Emacs
  http://xahlee.org/emacs/emacs_lookup_ref.html

• Problems of Open Source Dictionaries
  http://xahlee.org/Periodic_dosage_dir/bangu/dict_open_source_probs.html

  Xah