Re: how to remove a menu item?

From: B. T. Raven
Subject: Re: how to remove a menu item?
Date: Mon, 02 Feb 2009 19:57:31 -0600

Drew Adams wrote:
if i want to remove the menu under Help ? Emacs Psychotherapist, how
do i do it?

C-h k, then click Help > Emacs Psychotherapist shows this:

,----
| <menu-bar> <help-menu> <emacs-psychotherapist> runs the command doctor
|   which is an interactive autoloaded Lisp function in `doctor'.
| It is bound to <menu-bar> <help-menu> <emacs-psychotherapist>.
| (doctor)
| | Switch to *doctor* buffer and start giving psychotherapy.
`----

Either of these will get rid of this binding:

(define-key global-map [menu-bar help-menu emacs-psychotherapist] nil)

(define-key menu-bar-help-menu [emacs-psychotherapist] nil)

Thanks, Drew. On my build it was "eliza" rather than "emacs-psychotherapist" that was revealed by C-h k. Evaluating the define-key expression stripped the bottom item off the help menu but left the separator bar.

Ed