Re: haXe code completion

From: Kevin Rodgers
Subject: Re: haXe code completion
Date: Tue, 03 Feb 2009 20:52:53 -0700

TheLonelyStar wrote:
I would like haXe (www.haxe.org) code completion in emacs.
The haxe compiler provides everything that is needed. If invoked with the
information of the position in the source, it returns to stderr a xml-list
with completon possibilites.

But I am not good in wrtiting emacs lisp. How can I:
- Invoke an external program and store the output to stderr?

call-process-region, using the (REAL-BUFFER STDERR-FILE) form of the
BUFFER argument.  If you're only interested in capturing standard error,
then REAL-BUFFER is 0.

- Parse xml?

(xml-parse-file STDERR-FILE)

- Display a list for autocompletion?

completing-read is the direct user interface, but there are higher level
completion modes -- sorry, I don't know how to hook into them.

--
Kevin Rodgers
Denver, Colorado, USA