Re: vc: how to insert version number in buffer (vc-status is gone)

From: Kevin Rodgers
Subject: Re: vc: how to insert version number in buffer (vc-status is gone)
Date: Tue, 03 Feb 2009 21:16:27 -0700

Uwe Brauer wrote:
Hello

In ancient times, vc had a function called vc-status so it was possible to insert the vc version number into a buffer with
(defun my-vc-status-insert ()
  (interactive)
  (insert "Version")
(insert (vc-status buffer-file-name)))
This came in handy, if the modeline is gluttered and the file is large
so it is cumbersome to go at the beginning to the buffer in order to
check the version number.
As I said vc-status is long gone so I would like to know how I could
insert the version number.

(insert (vc-workfile-version buffer-file-name))

--
Kevin Rodgers
Denver, Colorado, USA