Re: How does one load a whole Elisp directory?

From: Joe Fineman
Subject: Re: How does one load a whole Elisp directory?
Date: Tue, 24 Feb 2009 00:08:56 -0500

Eli Zaretskii <eliz@gnu.org> writes:

>> From: Joe Fineman <joe_f@verizon.net>
>> Date: Sun, 22 Feb 2009 21:43:38 -0500
>>
>> I run Emacs 22.3.1 under Windows XP.
>>
>> I have been trying to put something in my .emacs file that will
>> cause eshell & calc to be loaded.  Do those whole directories /lisp
>> have be loaded file by file?
>
> M-x eshell RET should DTRT for eshell.

I take it DTRT stands for "do the right thing"?

It doesn't.  It gets the message "Cannot open load file: eshell" in
the minibuffer.

> M-x calc RET should DTRT for calc.

That brings up a couple of windows & then says "Selecting deleted
buffer".

> Is that what you want?  If not, please give more details about what
> you are looking for.

I would like to load all the files in those directories so that
(presumably) the commands will work in my Emacs.  I am obviously
missing something obvious.
--
---  Joe Fineman    joe_f@verizon.net

||:  What sticks to the spoon doesn't get stirred.  :||