Re: usability problem of emacs describe-mode

From: Xah Lee
Subject: Re: usability problem of emacs describe-mode
Date: Sat, 28 Feb 2009 00:57:44 -0800 (PST)

On Feb 25, 7:04 am, "Drew Adams" <drew.ad...@oracle.com> wrote:
> > >     * Get rid of convention of using ^L (ascii 12) for page break
> > >       marker.
>
> > Is there a way to draw a sort of horizontal line for the ASCII 12
> > symbol instead of printing "^L"? I'm talking about X version.
>
> Yes.
>
> Code:http://www.emacswiki.org/emacs/pp-c-l.el
>
> You can customize the appearance.
> The screenshot shows the default appearance.

Thanks Drew.

I have now tried your code and it's great. I also updated it here:

• Usability Problems Of Emacs's Mode Documentation
  http://xahlee.org/emacs/modernization_mode_doc.html

Btw, when i insert a ^L, it automatically become displayed as
horizontal line but with the overlay display “Section (Printable
Page)”. Is there a way to turn that off? i.e. i just want a line.

  Xah
∑ http://xahlee.org/