Re: Using a command-line program (sqlite3) as a backend

From: florian
Subject: Re: Using a command-line program (sqlite3) as a backend
Date: Wed, 25 Mar 2009 16:16:15 -0700 (PDT)

Thanks for the instantaneous reply ;-) ...

On Mar 26, 12:03 am, Chetan <Chetan.xs...@xspam.sbcglobal.net> wrote:

> It would be easiest to see if there are any problems working with
> stdout, since that was mentioned.

> Using it from elisp requires either loading a dynamically linked
> library or compiling emacs with sqlite - neither of them are supported
> at the moment, but the latter is possible,

Oops. Compiling Emacs with sqlite? What would that be?

> provided one is OK with the datatypes as currently supported in emacs-lisp.

Well, yes; I'm quite sure they're more than adequate for my purposes.

Your reply makes me wonder, however, whether you consider my idea
(let's call it the ispell approach) a bad idea. Do you?

Best, Florian