Re: copying and pasting in emacs

From: Nurullah Akkaya
Subject: Re: copying and pasting in emacs
Date: Sun, 5 Apr 2009 18:45:20 +0300

On Sun, Apr 5, 2009 at 5:17 PM, <luca.pamparana@gmail.com> wrote:
Hello,

I am unable to figure out how to select and copy text as you would do
in another editors:

For example, one thing I normally need to do is select from the
current position upto the next few words. Normally, I just press shift
+ ctrl and the left or right arrow key and the editor would highlight
one word at a time. I have so far been unable to figure out how to
highlight text in emacs using the keyboard.

Anyone knows how I can do it esp. highlighting one word, line etc. at
a time.

Many thanks,

Luca

Enable delete-selection in your .emacs by adding

(delete-selection-mode)

after that when you press Ctrl+space you start selecting regions.
Normal movement keys apply.

Ctrl+space
Ctrl+e

will select from cursor to the end of line.

Nurullah Akkaya