Re: Search for a word in Emacs as is done in gvim

From: Tassilo Horn
Subject: Re: Search for a word in Emacs as is done in gvim
Date: Fri, 17 Apr 2009 21:41:40 +0200

rakeshg <rakeshbabugr@gmail.com> writes:

> By having the cursor on a particular word, and pressing "*" key , we
> can search for the word in the files.
>
> In emacs we have first copy the word and then do Ctl-S and then paste
> it.

No, do `M-b C-s C-w' and be fine.  (M-b goes to the beginning of the
word, C-s starts isearch and C-w captures the word from point to end and
inserts it at the isearch prompt.

If you need that often, pack it in a macro or write a function to do
that.

Bye,
Tassilo
--
The  11th commandment is  "Thou shalt  not piss  off Chuck  Norris" This
commandment is rarely enforced, as it is impossible to accomplish.