Re: An Eclim frontend for Emacs

From: Nikolaj Schumacher
Subject: Re: An Eclim frontend for Emacs
Date: Sun, 19 Apr 2009 14:18:50 +0200

Tassilo Horn <tassilo@member.fsf.org> wrote:

>> Looking at the source code it wouldn't be too hard to return methods,
>> arguments, etc. in CSV form.
>
> Doesn't it do that already?  I only had a very brief look at the code,
> but I had the impression that it basically returns every completion
> possibility available at this position.

It returns pre-formatted completions.  Semantic would need a tag list
with all classes, methods and argument names.

>> The completion seems to work well with company[1], too, so I'll
>> include a back-end in the next version.
>
> Wow, that would be cool.  Till now, I didn't have a deeper look at
> company mode, but this would definitively make me try it.

I've released it:
http://nschum.de/src/emacs/company-mode/

Unfortunately, completion requires saving the file.  I haven't yet
figured out if eclim has a way around that.

For the time being, company can do it automatically, if
(setq company-eclim-auto-save t)

regards,
Nikolaj Schumacher