Re: Tabs and Spaces

From: Chris Gordon-Smith
Subject: Re: Tabs and Spaces
Date: 26 May 2009 21:31:40 GMT

Pascal J. Bourguignon <pjb@informatimago.com> wrote:
> use.address@my.homepage.invalid (Chris Gordon-Smith) writes:
>> I now have a solution. It turned out to be simpler than I thought:
>>
>> (global-set-key (kbd "TAB") 'tab-to-tab-stop)
>> (setq-default indent-tabs-mode nil)
>
> But if you do that, you will have to indent by hand all your code!?!

Yes. This is certainly not ideal, but it is workable. Since it is unlikely
that the built in emacs parsing / indentation will be able to handle my
modified syntax, I think I have no choice for the short term. For the
longer term, I definitely want to work out how to customise the indentation
for my purposes. But I think for that I will need a lot more knowledge of
Emacs and Lisp than I currently have.

Chris Gordon-Smith
www.simsoup.info