Re: utf-8-dos files on Linux

From: Peter Dyballa
Subject: Re: utf-8-dos files on Linux
Date: Sun, 7 Jun 2009 15:12:45 +0200

Am 07.06.2009 um 13:17 schrieb Bostjan Vilfan:

I can't get rid of the <inverted_v>M characters at the end of lines in the display. I placed
-*- coding: utf-8-dos-*-

This inverted v is the CARET character ^ or CIRCUMFLEX ACCENT at U +005E, which, in combination with other characters, stands in a GNU Emacs buffer for display (presentation) of Control-<something>.

The correct syntax would be:

        -*- coding: utf-8-dos; -*-

Notice the final ``;´´ which actually ends the assignment.

--
Greetings

  Pete

Almost anything is easier to get into than out of.
                                – Allen's Law