RE: Stack of bookmarks

From: Drew Adams
Subject: RE: Stack of bookmarks
Date: Thu, 18 Jun 2009 07:15:21 -0700

> One question I still have in mind, though: what is the difference
> between bookmarks and markers? Both encapsulate a buffer and a buffer
> position, right?

Bookmarks are persistent and they have names; not so, markers. Bookmarked
positions can also be relocated (found) if they move slightly because of text
changes.

(Yes, beyond emacs -Q one can find other kinds of bookmarks and markers that
blend these differences. This is the difference for vanilla GNU Emacs.)