Re: customizing some options in cc mode

From: Dirk-Jan C . Binnema
Subject: Re: customizing some options in cc mode
Date: Sun, 12 Jul 2009 13:57:36 +0300

    Luca> Hello everyone,
    Luca> I recently started using emacs for my C++ development and I have a
    Luca> question about customizing the colours.

    Luca> I want to customize the code documentation to show up in purple. So
    Luca> anything in between (// and /**) should show up in the specified
    Luca> colour.

    Luca> Does anyone know which emacs variable do I need to set in my .emacs
    Luca> file for this to work?

I assume you already have font-locking (syntax-highlighting) enabled?

Anyway, this should do the trick (put in your .emacs):
  (set-face-foreground 'font-lock-comment-face "purple")

This is *global*, so will also affect the way comments are shown in other
modes.

If you want to customize many more of the colors, it might be worthwhile to
define your own color theme; I blogged about that:
  http://emacs-fu.blogspot.com/2009/03/color-theming.html

Best wishes,
Dirk.

--
Dirk-Jan C. Binnema                  Helsinki, Finland
e:djcb@djcbsoftware.nl           w:www.djcbsoftware.nl