Re: Update time stamps of different kind

From: Peter Dyballa
Subject: Re: Update time stamps of different kind
Date: Wed, 15 Jul 2009 19:28:37 +0200

Am 15.07.2009 um 18:35 schrieb Uwe Siart:

Thank you, Peter. From this I conclude that there's no easy way to get
both, the usual time stamp in its default format "%:y-%02m-%02d
%02H:%02M:%02S %u" plus the meta information updated?

It is my default value. I don't know what mean with "meta information" – is it that you want to see "<some text> <a date>?" IMO it should be possible to have a format like

        "<some funny text> %:y-%02m-%02d <even more funny text!>"

Look up the documentation for details! (C-h v when the text cursor is in the variable's name)

The time stamp needs to be in the first few lines of a file.

Is it possible to overcome this limitation? I mean to extend the
possible area from the first 8 lines to, say, the first 20 lines?

Sorry, I don't know (and I'm in a hurry). Could be time-stamp.el offers something.

--
Mit friedvollen Grüßen

  Pete       (: