Re: double backslash problem in elisp

From: John A Pershing Jr
Subject: Re: double backslash problem in elisp
Date: Sat, 22 Aug 2009 17:01:54 -0400

Kevin Rodgers <kevin.d.rodgers@gmail.com> writes:

> <grrr>Really Xah, for all your chest-puffing about your experience in
> the field of programming, you really surprise me sometimes with
> questions like this.</grrr>

Give the guy a break.  *Especially* for someone with many years of
experience, presumably including bash, elisp, C, Java, grep, sed, etc.,
it's hard to keep straight how many times a backslash needs to be
escaped in which context to get the desired result.  Hell, I've been
doing this stuff for nearly 40 years, and I still have to experiment at
times to get the backslashes correct.

  -jp