Re: Indent region in LaTeX mode

From: Rodolfo Medina
Subject: Re: Indent region in LaTeX mode
Date: Wed, 26 Aug 2009 10:42:36 +0100

Rodolfo Medina <rodolfo.medina@gmail.com> writes:

> Lennart Borgman <lennart.borgman@gmail.com> writes:
>
>> On Tue, Aug 25, 2009 at 12:13 AM, Rodolfo
>> Medina<rodolfo.medina@gmail.com> wrote:

>> Can't you just indent first and then fill? Or doesn't that work for
>> you? (What version of Emacs are you using?)
>

> Yes, it does, but not in LaTeX mode: that's why it didn't work for me: I was
> in LaTeX mode.  So, this seems to be an issue for AUCTeX mailing list.

It seems that from AUCTeX ml no help could come about that issue, so I'm coming
back to the present list in the hope that some elisp expert can suggest a
proper code in order to achieve what I want.

I resume the problem: I want a certain paragraph to be indented and filled,
like this:

\item{1)} The old lady pulled her spectacles down and looked over them about
          the room; then she put them up and looked out under them. She seldom
          or never looked through them for so small a thing as a boy; they were
          her state pair, the pride of her heart, and were built for "style,"
          not service -- she could have seen through a pair of stove-lids just

.  I get this easily in text mode with `C-u 10 C-x TAB' and then `M-q'.
Instead, in LaTeX mode, `M-q' does not fill the region.  I don't know why it
works fine in text mode but not in LaTeX mode.

Can anyone suggest a proper code to make those above commands work _also_ under
LaTeX mode?

The issue looks important to me because, just in LaTeX, mode, you can often use
such \item environments.

Thanks for any help
Rodolfo