Re: controlling the order of split window and the buffers from command

From: Lennart Borgman
Subject: Re: controlling the order of split window and the buffers from command line
Date: Fri, 6 Nov 2009 18:08:00 +0100

On Fri, Nov 6, 2009 at 12:46 PM, nicknick <avigoz@gmail.com> wrote:
> hi. the problem is:
> I want to use emacs as a user interface for octave. I want to make a
> unix alias
> that opens emacs with 3 splitted zones, one of them includes the
> octave-mode terminal, one in a revert mode reading the octave history
> file, and one with the actual source file I want to open. I also want
> to be able to specify exactly the split order and the buffers that
> open in each zone. can this be achieved?

Yes.

An easy way to do what you want is to:

- write a small elisp file containing a function that can do what you want.
- Then you write a temporary file (for example with echo) that calls
this elisp function with the parameters you want.
- From the command line when you start emacs you load both these file.