Re: copy paste problem (jumbled & limited length) in emacs-nox only

From: James Mills
Subject: Re: copy paste problem (jumbled & limited length) in emacs-nox only
Date: Mon, 14 Dec 2009 11:06:29 -0800 (PST)

David Garamond-2 wrote:

> When pasting a rather large (> +- 6.75K characters if I measure it)
> buffer using into a KDE Konsole terminal (or xterm), only about 6.75K
> characters get posted, and the weird thing is sometimes the pasted
> characters get jumbled and missing in between.

I would just like to add my voice here.  I am a relative Emacs newbie, and
do most of my work from the terminal.  I am experiencing the exact same
problems.  I am running Ubuntu 8.04, and using Emacs 22.1.1 and 23.0.60.1.
The GTK versions work fine, but "emacs -nw" results in the problem as
described above.  I have tried gnome-terminal as well as konsole.  Vim and
pico both work as expected.

Thanks,
James