gud settings

From: Nick Roberts
Subject: gud settings
Date: Mon, 28 Dec 2009 12:41:52 +1300

 > I was trying to use gud (I need at least gdb and pdb) but I'm not able
 > to abilitate the multi-window setting.

gdb-many-windows only works with M-x gdb

 > I've set up the variables
 > (setq gdb-many-windows t)
 > (setq gdb-show-main t)
 >
 > But nothing, I only see one buffer...
 > I've found many nice things on the net but I'm not able to get even the
 > basic things working..

You give no clues, not even the version of Emacs that you are using.  It must
be at least
Emacs 22.1 and you mustn't delete the option "--annotate=3" from:

Run gdb (like this): gdb --annotate=3 myprog

I suggest you read the section on "Debuggers" in the Emacs manual.

--
Nick                                           http://users.snap.net.nz/~nickrob