Re: Running emacs deamon outside login

From: Steve Revilak
Subject: Re: Running emacs deamon outside login
Date: Sat, 23 Jan 2010 14:38:51 -0500

srevilak>     nohup emacs --daemon </dev/null >/dev/null 2>&1  &

rileyrgdev> Hi Steve.
rileyrgdev> rileyrgdev> I am confused as why any of this is necessary?

Richard,

Let's go back to the original post.

OP> On Linux, I've been wondering whether there's a good way to run
OP> emacs deamon outside of my login process, so that I can log out
OP> and in again and connect to the same emacs deamon process.

OP> This may be more of a Linux question than an Emacs question, but
OP> does anyone know of any better ways to do this? It's essentially
OP> just some way to ensure that the emacs process stays alive when I
OP> log out.

I simply answered the more general question: "how do I keep a unix
process alive after I log out?".

Steve