Re: Go to my CWD!

From: Andreas Röhler
Subject: Re: Go to my CWD!
Date: Wed, 27 Jan 2010 22:30:10 +0100

Andrea Crotti wrote:
> Andreas Röhler <andreas.roehler@easy-emacs.de> writes:
>

>> Andrea Crotti wrote:
>> Maybe that way?:
>>
>> (defun my-shell-always-in-default-dir ()
>> (interactive)
>> (shell default-directory))
>>
>> Cheers
>>

> Nice thanks that would work, but then I have to setup a wrapper for
> every possible interpreter (octave, python etc etc...)
> Something more automatic is not possible?

its quite easy to change the function shell for your needs. the
beginning reads

  (interactive
   (list
    (and current-prefix-arg
     (prog1
         (read-buffer "Shell buffer: "
              (generate-new-buffer-name "*shell*"))
       (if (file-remote-p default-directory)
           ;; It must be possible to declare a local default-directory.
           (setq default-directory
             (expand-file-name
              (read-file-name
               "Default directory: " default-directory default-directory
               t nil 'file-directory-p))))))))

you see the user is queried and our default-directory also will be
delivered per default

To automatize this, just introduce a variable Yes-I-will, ask for it at
the right place(s),
get your extension excuted instead         (read-file-name

BTW think its worth a feature request at emacs-devel

Andreas