Re: How to make emacs clear search when pressing Ctrl+g?

From: Tim X
Subject: Re: How to make emacs clear search when pressing Ctrl+g?
Date: Mon, 22 Feb 2010 08:23:36 +1100

Joseph Garvin <joseph.h.garvin@gmail.com> writes:

> The issue is that after pressing Ctrl+g multiple times to get out of
> the search, if I hit Ctrl+s to start a search again without first
> moving the cursor, it still remembers the search. It doesn't matter
> how many times I hit Ctrl+g first.

I'm a little confused as to what you need.

If I use i-search and then hit C-g to kill the search, hitting C-s to
start another search does have the default value of the last search, but
if I type anything after hitting C-s, it replaces the default i.e. last
search value.

What sort of behavior are you looking for?

Tim

--
tcross (at) rapttech dot com dot au