Re: Searching for commands by any part of command name

From: Andrea Crotti
Subject: Re: Searching for commands by any part of command name
Date: Thu, 08 Apr 2010 10:50:05 +0200

Philip Ganchev <phil.ganchev@gmail.com> writes:

> Hi
>
> M-x window <tab>
>
> then Emacs would list commands including:
>
> balance-windows
> buffer-menu-other-window
> clone-indirect-buffer-other-window
> compare-windows
> delete-other-windows
> delete-window
>
> Can Emacs be customized or modified to do that?

If I don't remember wrong ido-mode should do something like this.
It does for files and some time ago it was also working for commands for
me, or maybe it was another packaged that I disabled in the meanwhile.

Often here http://emacswiki.org/ there are a lot of infos

Attaching another question, why (I think) C-h a doesn't display all the
possible commands/variable/functions with a particular string inside,
but just some of them?

Thanks