Re: Sending mail via SMTP hangs.

From: Robert Goldman
Subject: Re: Sending mail via SMTP hangs.
Date: Wed, 14 Apr 2010 15:52:24 +0000 (UTC)

I tested with gnutls and see the following:

Resolving 'xxx.yyy.zzz...
Connecting to '11.111.111.111:465'...
Checking for TLS 1.1 support... no
Checking fallback from TLS 1.1 to... TLS 1.0
Checking for TLS 1.0 support... yes
Checking for SSL 3.0 support... yes
Checking for HTTPS server name... not checked
Checking for version rollback bug in RSA PMS... no
Checking for version rollback bug in Client Hello... no
Checking whether we need to disable TLS 1.0... N/A

Nothing there looks particularly problematic to my (very untrained) eye.  So
maybe it /is/ smtpmail that's the problem?

thanks,