Re: Machine-dependent elisp

From: Suvayu Ali
Subject: Re: Machine-dependent elisp
Date: Wed, 21 Apr 2010 14:41:54 -0700

On Wednesday 21 April 2010 01:46 PM, pocmatos@gmail.com wrote:
Hi all,

I have some code which I would like to make dependent on the machine I
am currently working on. I have a single .emacs shared between my work
machine and my home machine. I thought about making dependent on the ip
address (or hostname) but then I need a way to get the ip address (or
hostname) of my current machine.

Any suggestions on the best way to do this?

I use something very crude, but it works. If the usernames are different on the two hosts, then you could try enclosing the host dependent lines with something like this,

(if (string= (getenv "USER") "username")
    ;; do stuff
        )

--
PMatos