Re: Failing to see the allure of Emacs

From: Jay Belanger
Subject: Re: Failing to see the allure of Emacs
Date: Tue, 04 May 2010 15:43:25 -0000

> Are the important manuals all up to date?  Obviously not.

Please specify something which is not up to date; that is a bug and
should be reported as such.

> Is the documentation complete?  Clearly, no.

Please say what is incomplete about it.
It comments like these of yours that give the impression that you
haven't bothered to actually read the documentation.  If you actually
have, please add details to your criticisms.

> But if determined, competent, insightful people sat down to design
> documentation that would be complete, most usable, and most helpful
> over a range of users, the current emacs documentation isn't what
> they'd come up with.  Far from it.

You should add IMHO or somesuch.

> Maybe you're motivated to track down what I've done in free software,
> and what documentation I've created.

I'm not, because it's irrelevant.  If you have a valid criticism then it
is a valid criticism regardless of your background.  But all that I see
are unsupported remarks of how the documentation is not up to date or
not complete.  Please support these statements, or perhaps you should
stop making them.

> I appreciate the work other determined people put in on emacs (and
> other free software) and documentation, but it's not immune to
> criticism

Not at all; in fact criticism is actively requested.  But you haven't
provided anything worthwhile.