Re: About Emacs Modernisation Project

From: LanX
Subject: Re: About Emacs Modernisation Project
Date: Wed, 08 Dec 2010 15:10:48 -0000

Hi

> Do you realize that lisp is actually a very small core language?
> (eval fits on a single page).

I think that I made quite clear that I want this c/js/perl-style
representation (lets call it PSILe) to be transformed to eLISP
_before_ compilation.

Macros will still work on the plain eLISP representation.

(of course defining macros for PLISe wouldn't be easy feasible, but
normal users won't miss macros...)

The tricky part would be to find a representation that works without
ambiguities in both directions, such that old lisp code could be used
as a base for this "new" coding.

I don't know if it's really feasible but it's for sure an interesting
task.

PLISe <-> eLISP -> Macro expansion -> compilation -> execution