Re: No automatic tabs in Emacs?

From: Elena
Subject: Re: No automatic tabs in Emacs?
Date: Tue, 7 Dec 2010 07:43:28 -0800 (PST)

On Dec 7, 4:13 pm, Helmut Eller <eller.hel...@gmail.com> wrote:
> > Vim is not an IDE.
>
> Meaning you can't use Vim with your IDE?

I haven't looked into it.  I'm not interested anyway.

> Why then do you say that fixes
> for the lousy integrated are easy to develop?

Modes are easier to develop than integrated environments.  Look at
Emacs, which has modes for every kind of text you can think of, yet it
doesn't support projects.  Rightly so, since Emacs never told us it
was more than an editor, we are trying to mold it into such.

> (And why do you hang out in an Emacs forum when you're a Vi user?)

Because I'm a friggin' troll!

Jokes apart, I think Vim's is the best editing model available, whilst
Emacs is the best text editing environment available.  Since I can
have both, I do.