Re: Keyboard goes dead

From: Tim X
Subject: Re: Keyboard goes dead
Date: Sun, 06 Feb 2011 09:43:52 +1100

Ken Goldman <kgold@watson.ibm.com> writes:

> 23.1.1 on Linux x86, 64bit
>
> Has anyone seen this:
>
> About once a day, the keyboard becomes inactive within emacs.  The mouse
> works,
> and the keyboard works outside emacs.
>
> It seems to happen right after I do a grep or compile and try to do a
> next-error.
>
> Sometimes, I can recover by hitting return in the compile or grep window.
> When
> I do that, the messages window appears, and anything that I typed in the other
> windows is processed.
>
> Other times, I have to kill emacs.
>
> Ctrl-G doesn't have any effect, nor does ESC-ESC-ESC.
>
> Any clues?  Anything to try?

No cannot think of what it might be and I don't see this behavior.
However, you could try enabling "enter debugger on quit" in the options
menu and see if hitting C-g gies you a backtrace next time this occurs -
may narrow down the possible cause or give you something to work with.

Tim

--
tcross (at) rapttech dot com dot au