Re: Windows7 and .emacs files

From: Michel Chassey
Subject: Re: Windows7 and .emacs files
Date: Sat, 12 Feb 2011 13:03:05 -0800 (PST)

Hello,
Correct me if I'm wrong but can't emacs just as well accept a _emacs file (
underline char instead of a dot ) and then Windows will leave you alone with
the file name ? see sections 1 and 2 of your question
Also setting an environement variable called HOME   =
c:\path\to\my\preferred\etc. in My Computer system will enable emacs to find
it just about anywhere on C:  ?

This is probably in some FAQ.
Hope this helps,
Michel Chassey