Re: What's your favourite *under_publicized* editing feature ofEmacs?

From: David Kastrup
Subject: Re: What's your favourite *under_publicized* editing feature ofEmacs?
Date: Mon, 28 Feb 2011 10:53:15 +0100

>>> With me, it nowadays usually involves a git repository.  I used CVS
>>> previously, but that is less convenient.
>> You're insane.
>
> No, we're just people using good tools for the job at hand.  E.g. each
> co-author has his branch and uses pull&push&merge to share its work with
> the others.

I do this for work I do quite by myself (like theses and articles).
Makes it much easier to keep track of work you do.  Co-authors tend to
use different (or no) version control, so even when I used CVS, the
workflow tended to be that of a non-central version control system.  I
certainly would not have given others write access to my personal
repositories.

--
David Kastrup